Skip navigation

Use airplay with Apple TV without wifi connection

1634 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 3:05 PM by jedimasterkyle88 RSS
jedimasterkyle88 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 15, 2012 3:05 PM

Is it possible to use the AirPlay feature on an iPad with Apple TV without being connected to the internet via wifi? 

I'm thinking about getting my mom an iPad for X-mas later this year so that she can help some of her visually impared students.  She has always wanted a good visual aid for all of her students and I figure that this would be the best solution.  The only problem is that I'm not sure if she would have access to the school's wifi connection. 

I would normally suggest that she use the HDMI adapter but the projector in her classroom is mounted on the ceiling and it would be a bit of a hassle to have to disconnect the cable every time so that the kids wouldnt play with it.  So I figure if she can stream her content on her future iPad to the Apple TV wirelessly, she would be able to achieve what she has always wanted to do.  I dont think she will be streaming anything to the Apple TV like youtube or anything like that but it would be a nice tool to have in the event that she wants to present something to her kids wirelessly from her iPad.

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.