0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 3:05 PM by jedimasterkyle88
jedimasterkyle88 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Is it possible to use the AirPlay feature on an iPad with Apple TV without being connected to the internet via wifi? 

I'm thinking about getting my mom an iPad for X-mas later this year so that she can help some of her visually impared students.  She has always wanted a good visual aid for all of her students and I figure that this would be the best solution.  The only problem is that I'm not sure if she would have access to the school's wifi connection. 

I would normally suggest that she use the HDMI adapter but the projector in her classroom is mounted on the ceiling and it would be a bit of a hassle to have to disconnect the cable every time so that the kids wouldnt play with it.  So I figure if she can stream her content on her future iPad to the Apple TV wirelessly, she would be able to achieve what she has always wanted to do.  I dont think she will be streaming anything to the Apple TV like youtube or anything like that but it would be a nice tool to have in the event that she wants to present something to her kids wirelessly from her iPad.

iPhone 4, Windows 7