Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Previews and Pictures are Gone

I recently bought a new rMBP and now my photos do not seem to have the proper previews. Additionally, they don't seem to be processed yet. When I try to attach via Mail.app, there are no pictures there only document icons. Also when in Aperture, the previews for the projects are all mucked up and sometimes correct but mostly black, wrong, or something... noisy (e.g., red fuzz). I've tried everything including: 1.) reparing the database, 2.) rebuilding the database, 3.) repairing the permisions, and 4.) reinstalling Aperture. Nothing is helping! I've also tried to replace the Aperture Library from my Time Machine back up but nothing has helped. The previews are screwed up and it is affecting the rest of the system!

What else can I do? Any help is appreciated. I really don't want to have to pay $50 for help after I already spent a ton of money for the new computer and Apple Care agreement!

Thank you guys and gals!

-Riley

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 4:35 PM

1 reply

Aug 15, 2012 10:05 PM in response to Rilely

Riley,

what is your Aperture version and MacOS version?

And the format of your original images? Raw, jpeg? If raw, what is your camera make?

Is your Aperture Library referenced or managed? on an external or internal volume?

I've tried everything including:

Have you already tried to reprocess the originals

Photos > Reprocess originals

or to update/generate Previews for your images?

Photos > Update Previews

or if you hold down the options key

Photos > Generate Previews

Regards

Léonie

Aperture Previews and Pictures are Gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.