Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme + Xfinity Arris Router?

I have my wireless network set up with my Airport Extreme and all is well. Comcast/Xfinity just sent me a new cable modem for internet and voice which includes an Arris wireless router. Is there any way to use both the Extreme and the Arris router? Any advantage to using both? If not, does anyone know if I can just use the modem part of the cable modem, bypass the Arris router and just continue to use my Extreme with the new Xfinity modem?

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 5:33 PM

Arris modem is nothing special, unless you are hurting for extra ethernet ports, dont use the built in arris router, simply connect it to the extreme via the wan port and you should be good to go.

4 replies

Aug 15, 2012 8:33 PM in response to What2be1

Thanks. I tried unplugging the coax, ethernet, phone and power supply from the old modem and then into the new one. After activating the new modem however, I noticed my Extreme remained flashing yellow and never turned green. Also my Xfinity voice was dead ( no dial tone). So I switched back temporarily to the old modem. Extreme and my old wireless network is back up, but voice is still dead. I will call Comcast from my cell phone shortly to troubleshoot.......

Airport Extreme + Xfinity Arris Router?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.