6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 9:55 PM by mwheelerk
mwheelerk Level 1 (5 points)

I have both a Mac Mini and an iMac with Mountain Lion.  Since upgrading to ML the time in the Tool Bar at the type is not accurate.  For instance currently it is Wednesday at 5:30PM local and the Tool Bar time shows Wednesday at 6:00AM.  In Preferences, Date & Time the settings are correct and the Date & Time read correctly.

Why doesn't the Tool Bar at the top show the correct time?

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Time Capsule, iTunes 10.2.1
  • Joseph Kriz Level 5 (5,095 points)

Do you have, "Set time zone automatically using current location", checked or unchecked?

Sometimes the location does not work properly on some servers and locations, etc.

I have mine unchecked and it works just fine.

Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 5.43.51 PM.png

• mwheelerk Level 1 (5 points)

It is checked on both my Mac Mini (where I don't have this issue) and on my iMac (where I have the problem.  I remember checking it when I first discovered the problem.  I have had it checked and unchecked.  I will uncheck it again, restart and see if the problem persists.

Thanks

• Joseph Kriz Level 5 (5,095 points)

From your first post, it sounds like you were having problems with both of your computers.

So now it is only with one of them?

What time zone or country are you in?

• Linc Davis Level 10 (192,784 points)

Select  ▹ System Preferences ▹ Language & Text ▹ Format ▹ Region: your country.

I am sorry for the confusion. Yes I have two put the problem is only on the iMac.  I am in the US, Arizona so no daylight savings time. It is not just a matter of hours wrong which could be accounted for by time zone error but hours and minutes and not a set amount of difference that I have noticed (but I will pay closer attention to that).

This seems to be set properly.  I left the house, put the iMac to sleep and as of right now it has held the correct time.  I will check the time status again in the morning.