Skip navigation

Safari 6.0 will does not open on home page

2002 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2012 12:04 AM by William Wood RSS
mwheelerk Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 15, 2012 5:39 PM

I have both a Mac Mini and an iMac.  This problem has actually been present since my original upgrade to Lion but remains an issue with Mountain Lion.  When opening Safari it always opens to the last page I visited rather than opening to the home page and new windows might open on any thing I recently visited instead of the home page.  In Safari Preferences my preferred home page is selected and show.  Under "New Windows Opens With" home page is selected.

Why won't Safari on both of my Macs open to the home page?

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Time Capsule, iTunes 10.2.1
  • thewhitealbum Calculating status...
    Aug 30, 2012 7:18 AM (in response to mwheelerk)

mwheelerk:  I had the same issue.  Under System Preferences>General, there is a choice of "Close windows when quitting an application."  It was un-checked.  When I checked it, that seems to have corrected the issue and Safari is now opening to my Homepage.

• William Wood Calculating status...
    Sep 1, 2012 12:04 AM (in response to mwheelerk)

Same for me. As soon as I checked that box, the problem disappeared! So simple, yet so damned frustrating!!Thanks for your assistance, though. Kept me from having a coronary,LOL!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.