Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 6.0 will does not open on home page

I have both a Mac Mini and an iMac. This problem has actually been present since my original upgrade to Lion but remains an issue with Mountain Lion. When opening Safari it always opens to the last page I visited rather than opening to the home page and new windows might open on any thing I recently visited instead of the home page. In Safari Preferences my preferred home page is selected and show. Under "New Windows Opens With" home page is selected.

Why won't Safari on both of my Macs open to the home page?

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Time Capsule, iTunes 10.2.1

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 5:39 PM

4 replies

Aug 19, 2012 2:16 PM in response to mwheelerk

Help!

I went to the Genius Bar this afternoon. I thought everything was going to be okay. The Apple Genius told me about a setting (System Preperences>General>there is a box near the bottom of the window that by default in Lion and Mountain Lion that is checked that starts out...Restore Windows...and I was to uncheck it.

The only problem is in my System Preferences>General> there is no Restore Windows box to check, it isn't there.

We tested this at the store on their MacBook. With this checked it opened Safari to the last site or sites visited. With it unchecked it opened to the Home Page selected. Why in the world do I not have that selection present.

Safari 6.0 will does not open on home page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.