5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 2:10 PM by Eric Root
Woodwyn Level 1 Level 1
expertise.iphone
iPhone

I've never used Reminders before Mountain Lion, I always used Notes, as Notes would show up interlineated in my e-mail.

This was the perfect place for notes, as I always check my e-mail several times a day, and the new note would appear with the unread e-mail.

OK, so Apple took Notes out of e-mail -- I was probably using it incorrectly anyway. So I figured I would give Reminders a try.

Unfortunately, the application has to be open, and/or you have to remember to check it.

Makes no sense. So exactly how does one get Reminders and/or Notes to generate an alert so that these apps can actually REMIND you?

• Ezechiel Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.desktops
    Desktops

In Reminders you can set a reminder to notify you at a time, location or both.  Open reminders, put in your reminder, click the reminder's inspector button to the right of the reminder as you hover on the reminder, select "on a day" then the date to select a different date, click the time to enter the time.  Click done.

If you have other questions about it you can open reminders, go to the help menu and click reminders help.

• Woodwyn Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.iphone
    iPhone

Thanks that's helpful.

So, there is no way to have Notes or Reminders just automatically pop up on the Mac, without manually inputting an alert?

Gotta say, the old way of handling notes in Mail was far better ... you didn't have to do anything and they were just there where you could review them. Too bad there is not an option in either of these apps to link them into Mail ...

• paulocoxa Level 1 Level 1

I'm also looking a way to have notes like this again. That was the easiest way to work with notes. I hope someone can create an app to resolve it.

• miefmuffin Level 1 Level 1

thank you...you were a big help!

• Eric Root Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

For Reminders, try System Preferences/ Notifications:

Screen Shot 2013-03-14 at 5.08.57 PM.png