Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is mountain Lion downloading?

I bought a new Macbook pro last week and when I started setting it up today, I found that Mountain Lion was not installed. I went through the process for the free upgrade but after doing everything I have no indication that the app is actually downloading. There is no progress bar to be found and when I go to the "purchases" section, It shows Mountain Lion and a download button to the right of it. Clicking download does nothing.

Is there anyway to see your progress anywhere else? I go to the downloads folder and see nothing that has been added. This is a big download so I don't know if I just leave eve

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 10:16 PM

There should be a progress bar under the Launchpad (rocket ship) icon if it is downloading.

6 replies

Aug 15, 2012 10:33 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Ok, I figured out a little more. If you go into Launchpad, and slide through all the apps to the last page, you'll see the app downloading. It's the same as when you download on iPhone.

It doesn't tell you speed or percentage and that's really a failure on Apple's part. I am downloading an update through Chrome and I can see the progress clearly as I type this. Come on Apple. Keep it simple.

Thanks for the help!

Aug 15, 2012 10:39 PM in response to Bruce Bridges

It doesn't tell you speed or percentage and that's really a failure on Apple's part. I am downloading an update through Chrome and I can see the progress clearly as I type this. Come on Apple. Keep it simple.

Actually, in Mountain Lion, it DOES tell you! Ironic. But if you download an app you can see the progress.

User uploaded file

(From Mountain Lion: Exploring new Features)

Is mountain Lion downloading?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.