Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrating Linux server to Mountain Lion server

Hello everybody,

I've been using several servers including Web, medawiki, and wordpress servers on Ubuntu Linux (virtual machine on Snow Leopard). At last, I upgade my Mac machine to Mountain Lion. Also planning to migrate my servers into Mountain Lion server, which was installed lately. I'm completely stuck at the beginning.

* I can't find the home folder of web server. There is no /var/www or something else. The default web contains only 'It works!', and the server app says the home folder is '/Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default,' but it seems to contain another information.

* I downloaded the latest version of MySQL community server, I think, correctly. From the preference pane of MySQL, I found that it never be started.

* I turn on the 'wiki' server, but 'domain name/wiki' doesn't work.

* Is there some nice reference on Mountain Lion server?

Thanks in advance,

Younsuk.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Setting Sparrow as Default Email

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 12:38 AM

2 replies

Sep 2, 2012 12:54 AM in response to younsuk

The root directory for your default website indeed is /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default and you can just delete the contents and move your own into that folder.

When you download and install MySQL server you need to do two additional things:

1. Move the plist file for the server to launch at startup.

2. Install the preference pane into your System preferences.

How to do this is listed in the download.

If you've purchased a domain, can you reach server.domain.com with server being your server's name registered with your DNS provider?

If you want only to reach the domain internally, make sure your client is set to use your server's ip as a the first DNS server and the server name is set up in your DNS to point to the server's ip.

Migrating Linux server to Mountain Lion server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.