Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you help me wtih this problem? I have an old Aperture library and when i am trying to import this library to latest version of Aperture, there is a problem: To use this library, make sure its file permissions are set correctly.

Can anyone help me with upgrading older aperture library to the latest version? Have this alert during upgrading....

Many thanks

Aperture cannot access this library

To use this library, make sure its file permissions are set correctly.

Aperture 3, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 11:35 PM

2 replies

Aug 16, 2012 2:10 AM in response to léonie

added:

• If your library is on external volume, select the icon of your external Disk on your Desktop or in the "Computer" window in the Finder.
  • Select "File > Get Info" from the main menu bar or press cmd-I.
  • Click the padlock icon in the lower right corner of the Info-panel and authorize.
  • Disclose the "Sharing & Permissions" brick and enable the "Ignore Ownershp" flag.

User uploaded file

Also select the library in the Finder and again select "File > Get Info" from the main menu bar. In the "Sharing and Permissions" brick add "Read & Write" privileges for yourself, and give yourself "Read&Write" access, if you do not have it.

Can you help me wtih this problem? I have an old Aperture library and when i am trying to import this library to latest version of Aperture, there is a problem: To use this library, make sure its file permissions are set correctly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.