Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How big is the additional content for garage band file and is it free??!!

Hi could someone please tell me how big is the download of the additional features of loops and software instuments????? and is it free or do you have to buy is if so how much?

THANKS!

GarageBand (Mac) '11

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 1:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 1:44 AM

The additional content is free. It is part of the GarageBand installation you bought. But it is quite large - I do not remember the exact size, but it is much more than 1 GB, so Apple split the download in two - the basic installation to get GarageBand working, and more instruments and loops in the additional content. You will also have to download the additional lessons, if you want to use GB to learn to play.

Regards

Léonie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2012 1:44 AM in response to Dorba

The additional content is free. It is part of the GarageBand installation you bought. But it is quite large - I do not remember the exact size, but it is much more than 1 GB, so Apple split the download in two - the basic installation to get GarageBand working, and more instruments and loops in the additional content. You will also have to download the additional lessons, if you want to use GB to learn to play.

Regards

Léonie

How big is the additional content for garage band file and is it free??!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.