Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15 2010 - Windows 8 - Bootcamp BSOD

I have a MacBook Pro 2010 running Microsoft Windows 8 (MSDN - Released yesterday). When I try to install BootCamp from the original OSX disk which came with this MacBook Pro, it installs okay - but when it restarts, its goes into a Blue Screen Of Death. I have to restore to a previous state without bootcamp.

I really need BootCamp installed at-least for my trackpad to allow right click. Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Chandra Sekhar.

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 4:50 AM

4 replies

Aug 16, 2012 1:07 PM in response to tcsekhar

tcsekhar wrote:

Unfortunately, my OSX is on a external HDD now - my current HDD on the MacBook is a hybrid 750GB dedicated Windows disc. When I boot off my external HDD, it doesn't let me run the BootCamp Assistance as it would allow only when running from internal HDD.

Is there any other alternative?

Thanks for your help.

No, you can only download the Windows Support Software from Boot Camp Assistant.

Aug 16, 2012 1:47 PM in response to tcsekhar

That is just... insane, to say the least as far as design and artifical limitations.

You can boot Windows DVD and let it nuke format and take over a drive if it is to be 100% dedicated to Windows only.

So I guess you can clone or install a tiny 28GB Mac system just to get around this artifical barrier.

I'd put OS X on a 16GB flash drive or keep what you have, but to have a small emergency image for OS X. People also create Lion/ML install USB flash drives too.

MacBook Pro 15 2010 - Windows 8 - Bootcamp BSOD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.