Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a micro SD card with my iPhone?

Am I able to use a micro sd card with my iPhone? I have a 16GB sd card that I would like to use if possible.

Thanks

Adam

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 1:35 PM

What good is wireless storage if you're not in a signal area? Why don't they just put a plain old USB port on iPhones? Something that can actually read a card or connect to a real camera. This limitation keeps the iPhone in the 'toy' rather than 'tool' category of electronics.

26 replies

Jul 14, 2017 5:49 PM in response to yourwrong1975

yourwrong1975 wrote:

Please reasearch befor posting misleading answers to other users

Indeed.

The iPhone 5c like all other iPhones cannot be opened by the user, much less disassembled to look behind the battery.

But if you did open it up, you'd find absolutely nothing behind the battery:

User uploaded file

Like all iPhones it has a solid state storage device which is not removable, is located on the right side of the iPhone not behind the battery, and is not an SD card.

There is no SD card slot there.

Apple does not and has never made iPhone's with SD card slots.

So like you say, research before posting misleading information.

Mar 14, 2017 3:40 PM in response to DracInTheBox

DracInTheBox wrote:

I just saw earlier on an app called Touch Of Modern that was advertising a "battery+micro SD case". Seems like a good idea I'm just wondering, does iOS have the parameters to read that card as part of the internal memory or would you have to use a file explorer app

That sounds like an excellent question to ask the developers of that product.

Apr 24, 2013 3:24 PM in response to MacRegret

What good is posting in an 8 month old thread?

In any case:

There is the Camera Connection Kit which can plug into the iPhone, and has a slot for SD cards specifically.

Of course the Reader will only work for Photos, and Videos in a very specific format.

There are of course other alternatives as already mentioned, suich as Wifi enabled drives, and even wifi enabled SD cards that work with a companion App.

http://www.transcend-info.com/products/Catlist.asp?FldNo=24#Wi-Fi SD App

Can I use a micro SD card with my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.