Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installed snow leopard now FCS2 apps won't work

I just upgraded to snow leopard and yes I know, it's about time, but this is why I don't upgrade unless I have too:-) Now, only FCP works and all other apps that I've tried (DVD studio pro, livetype, motion) "unexpectedly quit" as soon as I try to do "save as". I can type text into them but changing text color in Livetype causes the crash.

I've done a clean install of FCS2 and repaired permissions to no avail. I've tried searching for answers here and at google as I thought this would have been solved long ago but maybe I'm just not using the correct search terms as nothing helpful has been found.

thanks, Gary

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 8:27 AM

Most likely, you have a ProKit version problem. Check out the link below

Restoring an older version of ProKit - Digital Rebellion

4 replies

Aug 16, 2012 10:33 AM in response to RatVega™

Thanks. I seem to be having a hard time following the instructions--I'm getting the message

"No receipt for 'com.apple.pkg.ProAppRuntime' found at '/'.

gary-tompkinss-mac-pro:~ ilovemyremy$ "

when I type sudo pkgutil --forget com.apple.pkg.ProAppRuntime into the terminal. Maybe I'm supposed to?

One more question about the instructions—it says to copy older prokit.framework file to /system/library/privateframeworks, overwriting the newer one, but the files I downloaded are .dmg files, am I just supposed to install them and consider the file "overwritten"?

installed snow leopard now FCS2 apps won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.