Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air Boot camp Windows 7

My College requires me to have Windows 7 installed because they have almost no support on OS X, so today I installed Windows 7 with Boot Camp. When I was setting up the boot camp I had to remove the option "Install windows updates and drivers" since I only have internet at my college at the moment (just moved into a new appartment) At the time I did not think much about this.

When Windows 7 was installed and ready to launch I noticed that the touchpad is really bad, I can´t right-click and I have no internet in windows 7 (missing Network adapter driver) - the OS X part is still working perfectly.

How can I download these drivers? I don´t know much about these drivers so it´s kinda hard for me to google, or at least I didnt manage to find any solutions.

I have a Macbook air 13" (2012 edition)

Running Mountain Lion as primary OS.

any tips on how I can fix this problem?

Thanks a lot for any reply!

(I don´t have any CD´s that has these drivers)

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 8:38 AM

6 replies

Aug 16, 2012 10:57 AM in response to Flornes

Flornes wrote:

Update: I went to a friends house that has internet, booted a fresh copy of windows 7, and checked the box where apple finds updates and installes drivers etc, but I still have the same problem..

This time I did everything correct...

Any tips?

You download the Windows Support Software for your installation while you are in Boot Camp Assistant (the program you used to create the partition) it is one of the very first steps you need to take: (see below)

User uploaded file

Go back to Boot Camp Assistant and download the software.

Aug 16, 2012 11:48 AM in response to Csound1

Thanks a lot!

It´s working!

Had some bugs with OS X afterwards tho.. Red lines appearing and "lagging" when I for example open the new notification center, but some reboots later and the problem seems to be gone.

By the way, do you know if it is possible to change the settings of the touchpad when im in windows? two finger scrolling is... fast, probably three times faster then my setting on OS X, And "Touch-to-click" (softly tap to click)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Macbook air Boot camp Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.