Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion slow to find computers on network

I'm on a University network and we have several computers that are networked in our set of buildings. It used to be that when I opened up the finder window the list of "Shared" would have several computers listed in it as well as an "All" selection. This no longer happens under ML. So I have to open up the Network option in Finder. When I do this it takes ML several minutes to "find" the other networked computers and populates the list one computer at a time. It does the same things for the different workgroups. In Lion this list would come up very quickly and I wouldn't have to wait around for the list to populate. Is this a common problem in ML or is there a way that I can fix this? This is happening on my 2008 Alum. Macbook running 10.8

Thanks

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion, Wired Network

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 9:43 AM

Open Disk Utility and repair permissions. Open Finder, press Option key, select Go > Library, open Preferences and delete com.apple.finder.plist. Finally, restart. http://www.reedcorner.net/understanding-upgrade-nightmares/

1 reply

Mountain Lion slow to find computers on network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.