Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having severe difficulties downloading iTunes..... can any one help. OS windows 7

I am having severe difficulties in downloading itunes..... can any help. Working on windows 7, and just keep getting various error messages. Have uninstalled and tried reinstalling but still no luck 😟

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 10:00 AM

9 replies

Aug 17, 2012 10:06 AM in response to hiddenrelic

I have followed all the steps on the link you gave me and above are the two error messages I keep receiving. I am currently using Maxthon 3 as my browser, but have the same issues if I use IE9. i hope you can read the error messages.

I also get another one stating that "Apple Application Support was not found.

Apple Application Support is required to run iTunes. Please uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again.

Error 2 (Windows error 2)

I am running Windows 7 on a 32bit system.

Aug 17, 2012 3:38 PM in response to donzojs

Check if the "Windows Modules Installer" service is started. If not, try to start it from the services console. If you receive an error "1450 Insufficient System resources" error, then follow this steps:

1) Open regedit and replace the following value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control

Key: RegistrySizeLimit

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 0xFFFFFF (4294967295)

2) Reboot

3) Open a command prompt as administrator and run SFC /SCANNOW to check the integrity of system modules.

4) Install pending windows updates

I hope it fixes your problem

Aug 18, 2012 11:06 AM in response to iViknesh

Have progressed slightly with the installation of iTunes..... have installed winRar and iTunes, but still cannot download or repair Apple Application support.....I've opened iTunes setup exe, with Winrar, but everytime I double click on on the AAS.msi.... it take sme straight to the install wizard and from there I get the same error message listed above about error in assembly policy, it then rolls back actions, and says I have to remove iTunes and reinstall..... any more help please. I don't know how to check if the Windows Modules Installer is running or how to follow or on from there. 😟

Thanks Donna

Aug 18, 2012 3:15 PM in response to donzojs

1) Go to Start, Run and type regedit.
In Regedit now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control and edit as shown below.

Key: RegistrySizeLimit

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 0xFFFFFF (4294967295)

2) Reboot

3) Open a command prompt as administrator and run SFC /SCANNOW to check the integrity of system modules.

4) Install pending windows updates

I am having severe difficulties downloading iTunes..... can any one help. OS windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.