Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iLife download issues

Hey guys.

Have recently bought a mac mini from a guy on ebay, it's about 6 months old.

He used his Apple ID to claim the iLife that 'ships' with the Mac, and technically belongs to that Mac Mini as a CD used to in the old days.

So I have set up the Mac in my name and account, and am presented with 'accept' for the three iLife downloads in the store. Upon clicking I enter my ID, and am presented with a message stated basically that another ID has claimed this already and if I don't have that ID (previous owner of the mac, so no) that I MUST re-purchase it.

1. Is there any way the previous owner can 'detach' his account from this so I can claim it on my Apple ID, or perhaps send it over to my ID?

2. If I need to re-purchase, how on earth can I do it as it premanently says 'accept' on the products making them seemingly impossible to re-purchase.

Thanks for your help on this matter 😀

Rob

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 10:10 AM

4 replies

Aug 19, 2012 5:06 PM in response to SuePearce

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico, Spanish is my native tongue. I do not speak English very well, however, I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

Call Apple Care, or better, have the original owner call Apple Care, explain that the Mac has been sold to you and request that the original owner's Apple ID be disassociated from this Mac and it unique identifier number in Apple's servers. Until that has been done, no matter how many times you user Lion Recovery to reinstall the OS you will not be able to Accept the apps into your Apple ID or use your Apple ID to purchase them.

iLife download issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.