Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sampled Sounds "Not Found" After Move to New MacBook Pro

Hello All,

I moved my Logic 9.7.1 from my old MacBook Pro to my new one via Migration assistant; both are running Lion. A smooth transition in all programs with all files showing in the same folders on both. I key in both my Logic 8 and Logic 9 serial numbers.

The problem is when I use certain software instrument patches on my new Mac and I get a prompt saying the audio file can't be found. I click the "search again" tab and keep getting the same meaasage. My only option is to click "continue" the channel strip loads but there is no audio. This seems to be totally random; most sounds load but i would say about 10% don't.

I go to Library>application support>logic>sampler Instruments> and the files are there! I manually place a copy in my project inside the sampler instruments folder but it still does not see it. I notice that it does not make a folder for it in the samples folder of my project. All the sounds that work have a folder in the samples folder.

It's frustrating. I can see the file but Logic can't find it...........What shall I do?

Jimmy Maddox

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 10:47 AM

3 replies

Aug 22, 2012 12:39 AM in response to Juke123

Hi Jimmy,

I found I had the same problem going from a 2006 iMac to a new Mac Mini (I had used Migration Assistant and pulled all the files from a Time Machine backup - this was Mo/Tu this week).

I went back to the old iMac and found the bulk of missing samples in (something like) Library>application support>Garageband>...Sampler?Samples? (I will check the details and be more specific later today (currently on a work's Mac with no iLife). Anyhow, the key thing is 13+gigs of samples where held under that folder structure & not under Logic. I checked this am and everything is now working fine (the first time I changed patches on the ESX24 there was a 2 mins or so delay (spinning beachball etc) however it then popped up fine & after that switches patches with no extended pause)

I hope that helps,

Best,

David

Aug 22, 2012 7:27 AM in response to alphamunki

Alphamunki,

Yep that was the same thing that happened to me except when I moved the sampler files folder over it still didn't see it. So, I re-installed. I hated to use an install when I had most of the program working but the important thing I guess is not why but what can I do about it.

The Logic re- install took care of all the issues.

Thanks for your help

Juke123

Sampled Sounds "Not Found" After Move to New MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.