Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have Apple done me over

My iPhone 4 was Malfunctioning so i sent it off to Apple, still under warranty.

14 Days passed then i began to worry as my phone means so much to me, I got in contact to Apple to have them Constantly say that it didnt arrive and Blaming the Royal Mail, So i tracked my Postal Package Via:

"http://track2.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track;jsessionid=D1BVHNNNE3U4UFB2IGIUOSQ;j sessionid=D1BVHNNNE3U4UFB2IGIUOSQ?catId=22700601&emt=emt&track=track&default=def ault&imageRootPath=&loc=en_GB&keyname=track_home&gear=track"

They have reported back to me that the phone WAS IN FACT DELIVERED SAFELY So I contact Apple about this and they say for my troubles they will send me a new iPhone (obviously a bit cheesed of that they have lost my phone and all they compensate me with is the same phone back) So i have no choice as i can not go with out it plus i did pay through the roof for it to be "Pay As You Go" then they say we will send it out to you when you provide us with your Proof of Purchase AND Proof of Postage (even though it has been reported as delivered)

I am a student I move back and fore from home and uni dorms so I can not find these I have done everything I can to sort this but it seems that Apple have tucked me up and just want me to cash out for a new one. I have used Apple products for years and now I get this from them, they loose my iPhone 4 and Point the finger to every one else but them selves i told the when were and what time i got the phone even what debt card i used but no it is still not enough for them. i feel so disappointed and let down by apple for this would have thought that for the price you pay for a product you would actually get help with it.

Most of all they trust the Royal mail to send them my phone worth £700!!!

Microsoft actually pick up a faulty xbox worth £120 for free!!!!!!!!!!!! (that way you know it is in safe hands straight away)

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 10:55 AM

8 replies

Aug 16, 2012 11:02 AM in response to CarltonHill

Are you really the person who initally purchased/sent-in the phone for service? Is it possible that you just another who got the real owner's serial number and are trying to get his replacement phone?

Sorry to insult, but Apple must consider this when sending to you. Else they may be sending to another who is posing as you.

If you can produce the shipping receipt, that makes is far less likely you are an imposter.

If you take this to the press, they will just get an answer from Apple, quite possibly exactly what I just quoted you about trying to ensure the correct party gets the replacement, and you will look more foolish for making a federal (or royal) case out of it.

Aug 16, 2012 11:09 AM in response to steve359

Yes i am the initial Buyer and Poster. i understand where you are coming from i gave them the serial number for the Special delivery but they said that's not enough they need a copy of the receipt and proof of purchase too. i have issued them with all credit details as well that were used and the exact location of purchase and date but again it isn't enough for them i even sent a screen shot via e-mail of the royal mail postal location service that states the package was delivered with the exact weight and serial number included on the page

Have Apple done me over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.