Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archive utility will not unzip .jars anymore?

Is anyone else having the problem of not being able to open .jars with archive utility anymore?

It certainly used to work, I'm quite sure of it, because I've always used Archive utility to open .jars and get access to the .classes. Any ideas on how to fix this? is this a bug or was a feature dropped without warning or am I just missing something?

I'm not a heavy user of java, but it is kind of irritating to find that something that my computer used to do in a simple intuitive way is no longer available, or if it is it's certainly not simple or intuitive! I've checked archive utility preferences and can't find anything there. I'm really not sure how to deal with this! I've tried dealing with it through terminal, but for some reason it's not quite working and I can't crack open the .jar to find out why haha!

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 12:28 PM

8 replies

Archive utility will not unzip .jars anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.