Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applications Install DVD Problem

Hi everyone, I had to install snow leopard over Mountain Lion due to Garage Band not finding it's packages (loops etc). However, when I try to run the Applications Install DVD, I get an error (see screenshot). Is there any way I can fix this, as that is the only copy I have of iLife etc.

User uploaded file

PS, I know the Product states "MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion", but this is only a temporary install of Snow Leopard, so I would like to apologize for the confusion.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 1:48 PM

Screenshot's not loading here.

Attach it to your post by using the camera icon and browse to the shot, then lick 'insert'.

If it's the one I think it may be (expired certificate), the workaround is to go to System Preferences > Date and Time > Date and Time tab.

Uncheck the automatic setting option, then change the date to something before March 2011.

You can revert to auto when you've done the install.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2012 1:48 PM in response to moritzhberg

Screenshot's not loading here.

Attach it to your post by using the camera icon and browse to the shot, then lick 'insert'.

If it's the one I think it may be (expired certificate), the workaround is to go to System Preferences > Date and Time > Date and Time tab.

Uncheck the automatic setting option, then change the date to something before March 2011.

You can revert to auto when you've done the install.

Applications Install DVD Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.