Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Referenced files offline, can't make adjustments even after reconnecting

I upgraded to Aperture 3.3.2, which combined iPhoto & Aperture libraries.

I prefer to store my photos in the "Pictures" folder, not the Aperture library, therefore, Aperture references the photos.

After the upgrade, however, all existing photos became "offline", and no adjustments could be made.

I can't figure out how to re-connect them in a batch; I can only reconnect them one-by-one.

Furthermore, even when they are reconnected, only some adjustments are possible. The crop tool (along with clone tools, etc) are greyed out and are non-functioning.

Help!

How do I reconnect my photos in a batch, and restore the ability to make all adjustments?

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 1:18 PM

How did you try to reconnect?

• Search for all images with offline (or missing) originals using a smart album or the search field with the added rule: "File Status is offline or missing";
  • then select all image at once,
  • and use the command "File > Locate referenced files" from the main menu bar.
  • In the reconnect panel connect the first image, and when the reconnect buttons become active, select "Reconnect all", not "Reconnect".

Does this not work for you? What is different?

If some of the adjustments are not available, you may be having a problem with the Preference file. Remove the Preferences as described in the Trouble Shooting Basics.

Regards

Léonie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2012 1:18 PM in response to Jon-Pasadena

How did you try to reconnect?

• Search for all images with offline (or missing) originals using a smart album or the search field with the added rule: "File Status is offline or missing";
  • then select all image at once,
  • and use the command "File > Locate referenced files" from the main menu bar.
  • In the reconnect panel connect the first image, and when the reconnect buttons become active, select "Reconnect all", not "Reconnect".

Does this not work for you? What is different?

If some of the adjustments are not available, you may be having a problem with the Preference file. Remove the Preferences as described in the Trouble Shooting Basics.

Regards

Léonie

Referenced files offline, can't make adjustments even after reconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.