Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can send event invitations from ical but can not receive them --invites go to another family member email

I am using Lion and everything was working fine -- until I got a new mac and set the older one up for my husband and put his user account on the old mac.

Now I can send ical invitations out and can get replies -- but if someone else originiates an invitation to me -- I don't get the invite on my new mac. My husband gets it on the older mac I set up for him in his Ical. We have totally different emails and when I click on the email name in the invite it is addressed to me and my email address but it comes on my husband's ical.

I can't figure it out???

If I originate the event invite I have no problem getting the replies -- but when someone else originates the invite -- it comes on my husband's ical (with my name and email address)

Please help -- this is driving me crazy!!

icalendar-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 1:50 PM

1 reply

Aug 19, 2014 12:01 PM in response to yogimarsh

Hello. Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same one. My wife's iCal invitations are showing up in my iCal "Inbox" but are not coming to me via email. I discovered this while troubleshooting the issue just now...and saw that I had 10+ iCal invites for which I never received email notifications.

I never proactively check iCal, so definitely need to resolve this issue, as receiving emailed invitations is the only way they're filed into my iCal. Thanks for any insight!

I can send event invitations from ical but can not receive them --invites go to another family member email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.