Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clear up alcohol if it appears as foreign material showing bright white spots in the LCD screen?

I spilled alcohol on my iPhone screen, it is showing noe bright whit spots after actually the disappearance of the pattern produced by the alcohol.

It seems to be after all what I read rthat it may be acts as a foreign body between the pixels.

The question is:

If there is a way to clear up these white spots from the LCD screen other than replacement?? Any successful history??

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 3:18 PM

3 replies

Nov 12, 2013 12:17 PM in response to mira5s

If you have Apple Care+ Apple will replace your phone for $49. For such an expensive device paying an additional $100 for some measure of insurance seemed to be a decent option. Plus when the phone gets to be 23 months old and you should happen to damage the phone, you will get a new phone, with new battery, for less than it costs to replace a battery.

How to clear up alcohol if it appears as foreign material showing bright white spots in the LCD screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.