Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Facebook page is frozen. How do I fix it?

My Facebook page is frozen on my iPad. How do I fix it?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 4:18 PM

With the FaceBook app?

If so, press the Home button to quit the app.

Double press the Home button to bring up the recently used apps bar or dock. Press and hold the FaceBook app icon until the apps on the bar begin to wiggle. Select the red - button on the app's icon to remove the app from the recently used apps bar or dock.

Press the Home button to leave the recently used apps bar or dock.

Re-launch the app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2012 4:18 PM in response to Jans2busy

With the FaceBook app?

If so, press the Home button to quit the app.

Double press the Home button to bring up the recently used apps bar or dock. Press and hold the FaceBook app icon until the apps on the bar begin to wiggle. Select the red - button on the app's icon to remove the app from the recently used apps bar or dock.

Press the Home button to leave the recently used apps bar or dock.

Re-launch the app.

Aug 16, 2012 4:17 PM in response to Jans2busy

Close the Facebook app in the Task Bar and re-launch.

Double-click the Home button to reveal Task Bar. Hold Facebook app down for a second or two; tap the minus sign to close app.

If it still doesn't work, try a reset.

Hold the Sleep and Home button down (together) for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the red slider.

My Facebook page is frozen. How do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.