Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you transition from mobile.me to iCloud?

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 6:42 PM

5 replies

Aug 16, 2012 11:54 PM in response to dragonfly_12

The link posted above is useless as it is completely out of date.

You cannot migrate a MobileMe to iCloud: MobileMe is closed and the contents of all accounts have been deleted.

If you had a MobileMe account you can reactivate the @me.com address by signing into System Preferences>iCloud with it and enabling Mail in the checklist there (Lion 10.7.2 or above required, you cannot do this on older systems) or in Settings>iCloud on an iOS5 device. The address will work but the previous contents of the account will not appear. If you also had an @mac.com version of the address from being a long-standing MobileMe member you cannot reactivate that, only the @me.com address.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.