Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

27" iMac - 6 Months Old - Dark Water Like Stains Behind Screen that Go Away After a Few Minutes? Is this okay? Should I take it in? Anyone else seen this?

Hello,

I have a 27" iMac - 6 Months Old - Dark Water Like Stains Behind Screen that Go Away After a Few Minutes? Is this okay? Should I take it in? Anyone else seen this? They are not always in the same spots, and do go away after a min or two, still this is concerning. Any advice, tips, suggestions? It this an indicator of an issue? Any info would help. Sorry the pictures aren't so great, I had to take them on my iPad as obviously a screen capture wouldn't work. Thanks.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 2:45 AM

You have a 1 year warranty. I would have called Apple the first time I saw the stains. You ought to call them ASAP, tell them what's going on and ask them for advice as to how to get service.

If you don't have Apple Care, you might want to consider purchasing that. It'll extend your warranty to 3 years and give you access to tech support and repairs.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2012 2:45 AM in response to redesigned

You have a 1 year warranty. I would have called Apple the first time I saw the stains. You ought to call them ASAP, tell them what's going on and ask them for advice as to how to get service.

If you don't have Apple Care, you might want to consider purchasing that. It'll extend your warranty to 3 years and give you access to tech support and repairs.

27" iMac - 6 Months Old - Dark Water Like Stains Behind Screen that Go Away After a Few Minutes? Is this okay? Should I take it in? Anyone else seen this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.