6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 11:24 PM by mshack329
mshack329 Level 1 (0 points)

This happened as soon as I updated my laptop to the latest version of whatever, I need help figuring this out since my photos are my life!

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1.1, iPhoto
  • LarryHN Level 9 (76,902 points)

Backup your iPhoto library, depress the option and command keys, launch iPhoto and rebuild your iPhoto library

LN

• mshack329 Level 1 (0 points)

How do i back up my iphoto when it won't even open before freezing?

Make a copy of it

If you are not regularly backing up you will lose all I'd your files including photos sooner or later. You need to purchase an external hard drive at least 2 1/2 times the size of your main drive and start using Time Machine

LN

What would you recommend i use for an external hard drive that is big enough?

I have this thing called a Lacie All-Terrain Hard Disk, would that work?

And could you give me some advice on getting Time Machine started?

I'm sorry, i'm not terribly tech savvy when it comes to laptops and computers. Thanks for your helps so far

What format is the Lacie? How big is it? How gig is your main hard drive? In the finder show info to see the format and size

LN

I think it's a couple terabytes or something, it has a really big capacity so i beleive it might work, i have my time machine set up and backing up all of my files right now, hopefully this works because i am thinking of having my laptop serviced.