Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I shared disk space and my iPhoto library as described in this article. When creating the disk image, I thought I had set aside enough space to allow for growth (50G). I'm running out of space. What's the best way to increase the disk image size?

I shared disk space and my iPhoto library as described in this article. When creating the disk image, I thought I had set aside enough space to allow for growth (50G). I'm running out of space. What's the best way to increase the disk image size?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 6:42 AM

4 replies

Aug 17, 2012 7:04 AM in response to Allan Eckert

My sincerest appologies for the neophyte nomenclature. According to Get Info on the drive, the Disk Image is: /Users/Shared/iPhoto Library.sparseimage. Given the General field name ("Disk image") and the file extension (".sparseimage"), the terminology is a little confusing. Is what I have a Disk Image or a sparse image?

Aug 17, 2012 7:59 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Done. Thank you, Allan.

The sparse image article you sent a link to needs a little updating (or there's some variability in prompts (no password was required) with my OS and/or Disk Utility version), but it worked.

Phew! It would have been much more time consuming to use Time Machine to recover all my photos after repartitioning the drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.