Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Media Disk Constantly Ejecting from new 10.8 system.

I just got my late 2010 i7 iMac back from the apple store. It has a fresly installed version of 10.8 on it. I brought it home and have been trying to install Aperture 3.0 on it (I still have the media disk with serial #). Every time I insert the disk to the computer it just ejects it.

If I put other dvd's or cd's in, they are read fine and mount properly.

If I put the Aperture disk in my Macbook pro (running 10.7) it mounts fine and is read properly.

I can't find anything on line that shows similar behavior.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

iMac

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 7:15 AM

3 replies

Aug 17, 2012 8:28 AM in response to dalilamahimself

No, I have never seen this, but if you cannot read your Aperture media on your new Mac, download the Trial installer https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4095054?answerId=18875886022#18875886022. if this link still works.

You should be able to unlock it with your serial number. Or create a disk image from your installation DVD on your iMac (with Disk Utility) and copy this disk image to your new mac.

Aug 17, 2012 8:55 AM in response to dalilamahimself

Call 1-800-SOS-APPL or just take the box back to the store and let them deal with it.

Personally I am big on going to the Appe Store when feasible.

I have never received useful Aperture-specific info from the store visits but always learn things I did not know about general Mac OS operation. When a good excuse presents (like what you describe) I run to the store bringing a list of questions. Things like MobileMe evolution, the Cloud and multiple Apple products, etc.

-Allen

Aug 17, 2012 9:05 AM in response to dalilamahimself

Another option is to use target disk mode.

Connect the MBP to the iMac with a FireWire cable, boot the MBP into target disk mode (hold the T key while booting) and you will be able to access the DVD drive on the MBP from the iMac.

Of course the question to ask is did the iMac read the DVD before going in to the Apple Store? Why did it go to the Store, what service was performed and was the DVD drive replaced? Also does the iMac read other DVD's?

As Allen wrote taking it back to get this resolved is really the thing to do.

regards

Message was edited by: Frank Caggiano

Aperture Media Disk Constantly Ejecting from new 10.8 system.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.