Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is the best place to buy an ipad 3 for a good price. NO Scam

some one please help me i need a good price i dont mind paying just i want someplace that i can go get one (ipad 3) oh and i want a new one. if you know where i can get cupons please tell me it would be great

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, Where to buy an Ipad 3 new

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 7:25 AM

4 replies

Aug 17, 2012 8:12 AM in response to Paulcrouse123

Buy from an Apple Store, either physical or the online store, or any authorized Apple dealer. Prices are going to be largely the same wherever you shop. If you're trying to save some money, check the online Apple Store for refurbished iPads. Some of the new iPad models have been appearing as refurbished and could save you up to $50, though I'm sure they sell quickly.

If you find someone other than the Apple Store claiming to offer any large discount on a new iPad, it's almost certain to be a scam of some sort.

Regards.

Message was edited by: varjak paw

Dec 9, 2012 3:30 PM in response to Paulcrouse123

I got $72.50 off on a retina iPad today at Target. Using the Target credit card (which you may be able to get on the same store visit as your purchase), I got 5% off of the purchase price. Currently there is also a special where you get a free $50 gift card with an iPad. One minor complication is that the 5% discount "applies to eligible purchases minus any other discounts and the value of any promotional Target gift cards received in the transaction." My effective price was thus ( $499.99 - $50) * (1.0 - .05) = $427.49.

Not everyone can get a Target credit card immediately. When my wife applied for a Target card today they told her she had to wait 10 days for credit approval. Because of this, I was compelled to apply for a card, and they approved me on the spot.

At Target you can also purchase the iPad 2 for $399.99. Using the same combination of gift card and Target card discount, the effective price would be $332.49, a savings of $67.50.

Message was edited by: Gordon Hamachi to add information about the iPad 2

Dec 10, 2012 9:06 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

Tom:

In California we are required by state law to pay sales tax on mail order or Internet purchases for which no sales tax was collected. http://www.boe.ca.gov/taxprograms/usetax/index.html Therefore, in theory online purchases don't help me to avoid sales tax and get a better price. That's a shame, because my sales tax rate is 8.375%.

I'm no tax expert, but my understanding is that if I travel to another state to purchase an iPad there, I would still owe tax on this item to the State of California. If I paid 6.25% sales tax in Richardson TX, then I would only owe the difference (2.125%) to the State of California.

where is the best place to buy an ipad 3 for a good price. NO Scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.