I'm testing out Lion Server and having some issues with getting a Device Group Profile to show up in the My Devices section.
Here's what I've done:
- I created a Device Group called "Test Device Group" and I configured some settings for it.
- I created a Local Network User called "test".
- On a test MacBook Pro, I logged into the local administrator's account and logged into http://myserver.com/mydevices as the "test" user.
- I enrolled the MacBook Pro and installed the certificate.
- I logged into http://myserver.com/profilemanager as an admin and added the MacBook Pro to the Test Device Group.
- I can see that the MacBook Pro is a member of the Test Device Group.
- When I go to the "Profiles" tab when logged into myserver.com/mydevices as "test", I do not see the profile for the Test Device Group to download. The only profile I see is "Settings for Everyone". This is the problem.
I've logged out and logged back in as "test" on the mydevices page and it never shows up. I've stopped and restarted the Profile Manager service on the Server.app and still no change. I've de-enrolled and re-enrolled the MacBook Pro and that didn't help.
One thing I've noticed is that when logged into the profilemanager page, under the "Active Tasks" section, I can see there's 2 updates that never seem to finish. One says "1 of 1 in progress" and the other says "Sending". If this is the problem, why is it taking so long? There's not much traffic on our server or network.
Lastly, when I am connected to my server via Remote Desktop and I am working in the profilemanger page directly off the server, there's often a lag when I am typing or when I am saving. I find this odd since I'm working off the server itself. Anyone else have this problem?
By the way, I am running ML server but all the issues above also happened in Lion server. I upgraded to see if the problem would be fixed and I did a clean install of ML server. Problem persists.
Thanks in advance.