Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorting reminders

Is there a way to sort reminders? For instance, date due.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), MacPro AIR

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 8:37 AM

9 replies

Aug 19, 2012 6:15 AM in response to zarurc

You can sort move both items in a list and the list groups.

User uploaded file

You can select a category (such as Misc) and move it. You can select an item in the list and move it. Moving an item in the list is a little challenging. The area around the text (like 'Update Blog', is a text box so putting your cursor there and clicking will insert the text curosr into the text. You have to click in the space close to the edges of the item to grab it. Then it can be moved.

I have one calendar - iCloud. If I had another calendar then its name would appear above the categories in that calendar. I don't believe calendars can be moved around.

Jan 10, 2013 5:56 AM in response to AIRiveroll

You can sort today's and previous days' reminders by using View>Go to Today. I have not found a way for Remidners to sort them automatically in any other view.

You can, as others have noted, sort them manually, but that's a new nuisance if you have a lot of future reminders, as I do. A computer application ought to be able to sort them for me automatically!

Sep 22, 2013 12:18 AM in response to acywong

I have worked this out.

To sort - on Ipad click the little alarm clock on the left. On Iphone - Drag the screen down and the clock appears on the the top. Click to sort.

To add a reminder - sort as above then click just below the last entry for TODAY. There is a very faint box. Enter your words and then click the blue 'i' button to enter dates and times.

Why the + button has gone is beyond me.

Hope this helps.

Sep 22, 2013 3:38 AM in response to Rolyat Nala

The alarm clock only appears when the different lists of reminders apear. Once you click on the alarm clock, it shows the Scheduled reminders and the alarm clock disappears. It is the Scheduled reminders that are unsorted now in iOS7 but which were sorted previously in iOS6.

The adding of new reminders as you said does work. Thanks very much for that.

But in any case, the whole thing just does not seem to function as well as in iOS6.

Sorting reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.