Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank screen on iPad 2

My iPad 2 has a blank screen. It lights up when turned on but still blank. I have tried reset and connected to iTunes and restored. Still nothing. It uploads things from my iPad when connected to iTunes but still not working. Hep please?

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 9:23 AM

Hi!

When you say "blank" do you mean a white or black screen, or something else?

You might want to try a hard reset if necessary -- hold down the home button and lock button for 10 seconds until you see the apple symbol, then let go. Hope this helps you!

10 replies

Nov 19, 2012 12:33 AM in response to opdnurse

I had the same problem when my grandson dropped the ipad2.

Rather than go to an Apple Store I decided to google the net for a possible fix. I came across a discussion within this forum which a person posted that you should drop the device from a height of 1-2 feet onto a carpet surface!!

Yes!!, exactly as your are thinking this very second...is this guy crazy!! With nothing to lose I had a couple of goes with it landing flat. Didnt work at first but also in the forum people had tried at different angles with success. So I gave it a go on an angle but only from a height of around 1 foot. Hey presto worked like magic. Strongly support this method!!

Dec 23, 2012 4:20 PM in response to Dislandstyles

Hi its 23/12/2012

I had same problem, ipad2 was on charging and i dont know what happend screen gone blank, first I tried updating and restoring it didn't work than read your reply dropping from 1foot was crazy idea but due to xmas coming up soon i know its very difficult to get apple look at ipad, i tried and after 2nd attempt it start working its amazing.

I would like to thank you for sharing .....🙂

anybody who is having problem please try we are all not CRAZy

Blank screen on iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.