Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't link to index.html

(Domains and project names are redacted.)

I am publishing a Doxygen HTML tree using OS X Server (Mountain Lion). I have "Websites" on, and in "Server Website," I have aliased "/MyProject" to "/Users/fritza/Department/Project/docs/html". "index.html" is the first in the list (I have not touched it) of index file names.

There is an index.html file in that directory. Accessing http://my.example.com/MyProject gives me the Doxygen main page, and I can navigate from there. Good.

But there is a "Main Page" link on each page, which is coded as:

<a href="index.html"><span>Main&#160;Page</span></a>

An HREF to "index.html" should be no problem, right? (The website's tree is flat, by the way.)

Instead, when I click the link, I get a 404 page, and the complaint that /MyProject/index.html/ (note the trailing slash) is not found. This happens even if you click the link as it appears in index.html itself.

Linking to index.html, the file, seems like an elementary thing to do. Other people must be getting the correct behavior. What have I done wrong?

Mac Pro, OS X Server

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 1:33 PM

There are no replies.

Can't link to index.html

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.