Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop iCal from sending notifications everytime I change a shared calendar or event?

iCal sends a notification (not an email) to all users of a shared calendar whenever an event is added or edited. How do I stop that?

OS X Mountain Lion, 8 Gb RAM

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 3:27 PM

4 replies

Dec 6, 2012 2:52 AM in response to Ron Stephens1

as far as i understand iCal it is on the "receivers/subscribers" side to deal with email-updates (and not on the "senders/changers" side):

snippet from my Re: How do you stop receiving notifications about updated calendar events? (there is a screenshot as well):

to NOT get email notification about updated events from a shared calendar you subscribed to you have to uncheck "events affect availability" in that calendars "info" (mac os X.7 and X.8: iCal —> calendars dropdown —> right click on the subscribed calendar —> choose "get info" from the context-menu —> uncheck "events affect availability")

How do I stop iCal from sending notifications everytime I change a shared calendar or event?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.