Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP??!! My ipod touch just crashed after restoring the IOS on itunes.

My ipod touch just crashed after restoring the IOS on itunes. All software ipod & itunes up to date. Quick error message popup & ipod went black & shows white apple and empty download bar. Cannot power off nor is it recognized by the puter or itunes! I can hear a typical plugin sound if I remove or plug ithe ipod into the puter but it is not visible! What happened? I never had a problem with my ipod before. I am an adult female, computer saavy and take good care of my electronics. I hope someone can help! PLEASE?? I can't live without my music and meditations:-(

<Edited by Host>

iPod touch, Windows 7, Restoring_IOS_killed_ipod_touch

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 7:30 PM

3 replies

Aug 17, 2012 11:00 PM in response to JFWhiteCloud

Hold the Sleep/Wake + Home buttons down for at least 15-seconds and see if it will restart and boot up.

Basic troubleshooting steps

User uploaded file

17" 2.2GHz i7 Quad-Core MacBook Pro  8G RAM  750G HD + OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Boot HD 
Got problems with your Apple iDevice-like iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Try Troubleshooting 101
In Memory of Steve Jobs

HELP??!! My ipod touch just crashed after restoring the IOS on itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.