Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to the MobileMe gallery app

I was able before to use Gallery app to view old photos and movies. I can't do it anymore. Get cant refresh message.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 5:16 PM

8 replies

Aug 17, 2012 11:06 PM in response to Sarmienj

As was announced over a year ago, MobileMe closed on 1 July, with a 'grace period' to 1 August when you could still download from your iDisk.

If, as seems the case, you have not done this then everything in your iDisk (including the Gallery) has been deleted: if there are any files you do not also have copies of on your Mac they have been lost. With Gallery you may still have them in iPhoto if you were syncing that to MobileMe. You should sign out of MobileMe in iPhoto and in System Preferences>MobileMe (first stopping any syncing or iDisk syncing you have running).

If you want an online photo gallery you will have to find a third-party alternative - this page examines some options:

http://rfwilmut.net/missing4

Aug 18, 2012 4:55 AM in response to Sarmienj

I missed it to. I've been looking around on these forums and the net this morning and see that some people (most people?) received email notification, but I looked back in all my email accounts, and there's *nothing*!! And it appears to be too late to get a refund.

Luckily I didn't have much on my MobileMe disk, so I didn't lose much, except my money and my ability to sync my calendar on my macbook and my imac.

Aug 18, 2012 5:36 AM in response to teriaw

Did you migrate your MobileMe account to iCloud before 1 August? If you did, you can set Mail up to access your iCloud email:

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

though no other facilities will work.

If you did not migrate your account, you can set up an iCloud by signing in with your @me.com address (which will reactivate the address, though obviously not restore its previous contents) but only on a Lion Mac or an iOS5 device: if you only have access to your Leopard Mac you cannot open a new iCloud account.

Aug 18, 2012 5:50 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I didn't know ahead of time, so I didn't migrate anything. Didn't have much on there luckily - mostly used MobileMe to sync my calendars.

I think I'm going to have to upgrade my operating system on my old mac since the main thing I want to keep doing is syncing my calendars. I don't use mail much. I hoping the upgrade will work and won't cost much - surely it's cheaper than a new computer. I'm off to see what I can find for this option...

What happened to the MobileMe gallery app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.