Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get rid of the "E" signal on the top right corner of my iphone? It's suppose to say 3G.

What does E means on the top right corner of my iphone?...how can I remove it & replace with 3G.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 7:56 PM

EDGE is an earlier technogy for cell data that is still used. If you are in an area with no 3G available or a very weak signal it will switch to E. you can try Resetting your device by holding down the sleep and home buttons, ignoring the red Off slider, waiting for the Apple logo then let go of the buttons. If that does not work you will need to relocate to an area with a stronger signal.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2012 7:56 PM in response to Diorella

EDGE is an earlier technogy for cell data that is still used. If you are in an area with no 3G available or a very weak signal it will switch to E. you can try Resetting your device by holding down the sleep and home buttons, ignoring the red Off slider, waiting for the Apple logo then let go of the buttons. If that does not work you will need to relocate to an area with a stronger signal.

How can I get rid of the "E" signal on the top right corner of my iphone? It's suppose to say 3G.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.