Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to see if someone is tracking your iPhone

I have suspicion my gf is tracking me thru my findmyiphone app. She has access as knows username and password. In settings, the location icon shows gray next to the find my iPhone app which means its been used in last 24 hrs from what I understand. Any way to know for sure and any way to tell what device utilized find my iPhone to look me up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2017 3:00 AM

Hey friends , I really need to know if my wife is tracking me . Pls help me ASAP thanks

17 replies

Dec 19, 2017 3:27 AM in response to ro66i3

I have a similar problem...my ex husband (newly separated) had my iCloud password and physical access to my phone. I'm pretty sure he is using mSpy to read my text messages. I did change my iCloud password last month but I'm pretty sure he had spyware running then and probably knows all of my new passwords. (Today he mentioned a text message I sent a few days ago). He pretty much currently has access to my home wireless network and devices along with unsupervised/unauthorized access inside my home in general as well. I believe I did all of the basic steps to search my phone, iCloud & mac & added bitdefender. Do I just need to change my iCloud password again, or do I need to take more thorough steps?

Aug 31, 2017 4:44 PM in response to Zorkcratron

Answer is incomplete. Somebody may have had a Restriction Code activated (it may be your company if you access corporate email) and you will be unable for instance to access. I am actually tracked by somebody else, I don't know how he did it and I don't know how to prevent this person to do it in the future, while preserving the ability to track my iPhone. I think Apple owes us users answers, track my iPhone is very low on privacy, on your device you should always be notified what is the iCloud ID of the person tracking you, to take action. Plain and simple, it is MY DEVICE!

Dec 19, 2017 6:29 AM in response to Underfrog

The one thing I can advice you to do is going icloud iCloud - Sign in then sign in with your Apple Id and Password,Go to FindMyIphone the select the DropDown for selecting or viewing all the devices signed in with your apple id,remove any device which you don't recognise or suspect(The device which is obviously not yours).

Now after removing the device,go to apple id https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin login with your apple id and password,confirm your two randomly selected security questions then just after successful login,go to security then click edit,then add authentication security feature,now by enabling authentication no one is going to have an access to your apple id account because an automated sms with a unique code will be sent to you and it has to be confirmed on the device which is trying to access you apple id.

Hope this helps!

Nov 25, 2017 8:37 AM in response to ro66i3

These apps must be installed on the phone, and the user of the phone must approve their access to location services. So you don't need to find the app; just go to Privacy/Location Services, and if there are any such apps just turn them off. And they don't do anything that the standard Find my Friends app does. But they can only be installed by someone who has physical possession of the phone.

Nov 26, 2017 2:27 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

3rd party apps like mSpy does a whole lot more than just sharing the device's location as is done by the native Apple apps/services (check the apps out). Disabling the location service for an app will only prevent the concerned app to stop tracking the device's location.

Getting rid of the app is the sure shot way unless of course the user is fine with sharing call logs & messages & wants only the location sharing to be prevented. If a 3rd party app is indeed found, I would also suggest to change the passcode not the device.

How to see if someone is tracking your iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.