Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot login to Expedia

Hello,

I am a new Mac user and a Windows developper.

I am struggling a lot with the Mac OS, but it's not my issue today.

I've been trying to plan a vacation trip using Expedia.ca. I have an Expedia account that I am using for years.

On my Mac (Mac OS X Mountain Lion), I have a lot of issues using Expedia. It takes multiple tries to be able to login to my account and, once it's done, when I am changing page on the website, I am asked to login again. It is particulary painfull.

In order to be certain it was not an Expedia issue, I tried to connect from a Windows machine and the website works pefectly.

Have you ever had this kind of issue? Do you have any idea about the origin of this problem and how to fix it? Could the origin coming from cookie management?

Thanks,

J-F

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 10:08 PM

Could the origin coming from cookie management?

Possibly, yes.

From your Safari menu bar top of your screen click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data. Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, back to the menu bar, click Safari > Reset Safari

Select Clear History but deselect the other boxees then click Reset. That also empties the Safari cache.

Try Expedia.

If nothing above has helped, open the Finder. (Click the Finder icon User uploaded fileleft side of your Dock).

Now from the Finder menu bar top of your screen click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy / paste: ~/LIbrary/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Try Expedia.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2012 10:08 PM in response to jfmCanada

Could the origin coming from cookie management?

Possibly, yes.

From your Safari menu bar top of your screen click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data. Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, back to the menu bar, click Safari > Reset Safari

Select Clear History but deselect the other boxees then click Reset. That also empties the Safari cache.

Try Expedia.

If nothing above has helped, open the Finder. (Click the Finder icon User uploaded fileleft side of your Dock).

Now from the Finder menu bar top of your screen click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy / paste: ~/LIbrary/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Try Expedia.

Cannot login to Expedia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.