Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!!! new iMac. screen shifts side to side and i can't use mouse when this happens.

i bought this imac back in january and have had nothing but problems since then with it. first my OS (lion 10.7.4) crashed or some **** where i got extremely slow and would give me the colored wheel of death so i take it to worst but where i bought it and they say its a corupt hard drive so its sent out. get it back, they say it whats the os system so they re-boot the os on to it. mean while i was having the same problem ive have from the beginning which was the screen would shake side to side when ever i would be doing something and the mouse locks up and i would have to wait for it to stop. this is VERY ANOYING!!! i took it to apple and they ran a series of stress tests on it and they couldnt even get it to produce it once while they had it. so now its STILL doing it! can anyone please help me. im ready to go to apple and demand a new computer or punch someone in the face...

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 1:56 AM

3 replies

Nov 3, 2012 6:58 PM in response to Gfunkbaby420

I'm speaking from experience.

You're using a wireless Magic Mouse right? Yeah, thought so.

I first noticed the problem on Lion (10.7.5) but that was also the time my Mighty Mouse or whatever that thing was called crapped out and I upgraded to the Magic Mouse. I always thought the problem was with the OS. My system is not supported by Mountain Lion (late 2006 model, the white one) so I did a system reinstall and stil had the issue. Being stupid, I still attributed it to the OS but had my doubts about the mouse with all the silly swipes here and there and everywhere. Until today. I said enough of this garbage and switched off the mouse and plugged in a beat up wired Logitech. Going on 4 hours now and not one screen shake.

The "iMac screen shake". Not very well documented. But **** if that isn't one frustrating mofo. Seriously, how did I use this thing for many moons with the screen shaking every 3-5 minutes. ***?? And by the way, to stop the screen from shaking while it's doing it, madly swipe back and forth on the magic mouse shell to take control back. Man, I'm getting upset just thinking about this problem. And the waste of $70 for the mouse.

And for what it's worth, I bought an iMac (2010) for my folks and I've noticed the problem on their machine too. Yep, Magic Mouse.

HELP!!! new iMac. screen shifts side to side and i can't use mouse when this happens.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.