Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

drutil problems

HI all, I'd like to solve some problems which may arise when i try to burn an audio cd

1) if cd is not inserted

2) if there is no audio file to be burnt

now if one of the two happen drutil just hangs and becomes unresposive.

So all i want to do is to killall drutil if one of the two happen.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

PS this is my rude try, which is not working (otherwise i would not be here ;-)

try

do shell script "drutil burn -audio -noappendable -drive 1 /myaudiofolder/ 2>&1 &"

on error

do shell script "killall drutil"

end try

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 5:40 AM

I think you will need to check that the two conditions (disk inserted and valid file to burn) are true before calling drutil.

That is first make sure the filename you are passing to drutil exists and thne make sure there is a disk inserted in the DVD drive. Finder should be able to do both of there things for you. Once you know both conditions are true you can call drutil.

regards

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2012 5:40 AM in response to personal_username

I think you will need to check that the two conditions (disk inserted and valid file to burn) are true before calling drutil.

That is first make sure the filename you are passing to drutil exists and thne make sure there is a disk inserted in the DVD drive. Finder should be able to do both of there things for you. Once you know both conditions are true you can call drutil.

regards

drutil problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.