Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is this odd dialogue box in Mail?

Since I upgraded to Mountain Lion I get a dialogue box that says "Delete all future emails from this sender or in this thread?" everytime Mail checks for new messages. Does anyone know what this means and how I can stop it?

I did a clean install of Mountain Lion and then imported the applications and users.

I have SpamSieve installed but disabling it didn't stop the dialogue box.

Any ideas? Thanks

User uploaded file

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 8:41 AM

2 replies

Nov 9, 2012 3:07 AM in response to Kevin Plumb

This one was buggin me for a long time as well, at least ten times a day since Mountain Lion. So putting on my developer hat, looked at messages in Console and observed this:

08/11/2012 23:01:35.172 Mail[312]: Failed execution of AppleScript: /Users/<uc>/Library/Application Scripts/com.apple.mail/Remove Messages From Sender or Thread.scpt

Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "The operation couldn’t be completed. /Users/<uc>/Library/Application Scripts/com.apple.mail/Remove Messages From Sender or Thread.scpt: execution error: Mail got an error: User canceled. (-128)

" UserInfo=0x7f9fb233c6b0 {NSURL=file://localhost/Users/<uc>/Library/Application%20Scripts/com.apple.mail /Remove%20Messages%20From%20Sender%20or%20Thread.scpt, NSLocalizedFailureReason=/Users/<uc>/Library/Application Scripts/com.apple.mail/Remove Messages From Sender or Thread.scpt: execution error: Mail got an error: User canceled. (-128)

}

Solution: remove this kill script from Library/Application Scripts/com.apple.mail/Remove Messages From Sender or Thread.scpt

That seems to be the cause of the problems. I have now run 24 hours without a repeat message.

Mailbox > Rebuild did nothing expect reload megabytes (around 12,000) messages from the servers.

What is this odd dialogue box in Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.