Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security questions

Forgot security questions

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 9:50 AM

12 replies

Aug 18, 2012 9:57 AM in response to Donnaroy

If you can't remember them then go to Express Lane and select 'iTunes' from the list of 'products' in the middle of the screen.

Then select 'iTunes Store', and on the next screen select 'Account Management'

Next choose 'iTunes Store Account Security' and fill in that you'd like your security questions/answers reset.

You should get an email reply within about 24 hours (and check your Spam folder as well as your Inbox)

Nov 27, 2012 2:46 PM in response to Riley Noble

Wouldn't even be having this prob if I hadn't bought the new iph! This is my account! I can change psswd & billing info but not security questions(shouldn't that be automatic when changing password) this is insane! My whole family uses this acct(that I pay for). I'd close it if it weren't for the $$$$s spend on songs already. Customer service is a joke!

Jan 12, 2013 1:45 PM in response to FAldosari

I'm in the same boat as you! I don't need to reset my password, I just need to know my security questions' answers so I can buy music on iTunes. I went to appleid.apple.com and clickded on 'Password and Security," tried my answers, and I kept clicking to receive the email and it never sent! I kept trying and trying, but now all it says is: "

Exceeded Maximum Attempts

We apologize, but we were unable to verify your account information with the answers you provided to our security questions.

You have made too many attempts to answer these questions. So, for security reasons, you will not be able to reset password for the next eight hours.

We can help you reset your security information by sending a message to your rescue email address"

Now, my account is locked for 8 hours and I still do not have an email. I receive all my other emails from Apple just fine, but for some reason it's not working. I'm extremely upset that this has happened. If it doesn't send me an email, how am I suppose to reset my security information & buy things off iTunes? Closing my account is not an option because I had just put some giftcards onto it... PLEASE, help!

Jul 14, 2013 3:01 PM in response to Donnaroy

I forgot my security answers too! i went to:

support (located at the top right corner of your screen next to the search bar)

itunes (click on the iTunes icon)

contact itunes support (the blue link under the picture of the people)

account management (click on it)

forgotten apple id security questions

note:

(there may be a few more step but you should easily firgure it out)

they should give you a case number and call you as soon as you see your case number

when they call, wait for the option that allows you to talk to a real person (not a computer)

tell them why you called and that you would like to reset your security questions.

they should tell you what to do from there.

They were very friendly and helpful!

Security questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.