Skip navigation

Very large jump in number of files on HD

192 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2012 1:17 PM by RobertJ RSS
RobertJ Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 18, 2012 11:16 AM

I use SuperDuper every Saturday to clone my #1 HD to my #2 and #3 HD's (I'm a little paranoid) using smart update (incremental).

Last Saturday, 8/11, when I ran SD it evaluated about 490K files. This Saturday when I ran SD it evaluated about 840K files. I used Disk Utilities to look at #1 and it indicated about 840K files. Before I ran SD on #3 it indicated about 490K.

Last week Disk Utility indicated I used about 30G and it now indicates about 35.5G.

I have done nothing in the last week to increase my files by 70% or add 5G+. I've update a few app's but that is it. I have scanned #1 using VirusBarrier X6 and have also used Disk Utility to Verify #1.

I have also used HoudahSpot to look at files created/modified on or after 8/11 on #1 and there are no where near 350K. Note, I don't use Time Machine.

This is driving me crazy; any thoughts?

System Info: Pro Mac running 10.8 since July 26th.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion
  • mende1 Level 10 Level 10 (89,460 points)
    Aug 18, 2012 12:07 PM (in response to RobertJ)

Don't worry about that

• mende1 Level 10 Level 10 (89,460 points)
    Aug 18, 2012 12:41 PM (in response to RobertJ)

Sometimes, the size is wrong and it changes

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.