Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture error - The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -1.)

I'm getting an error quite frequently from Apeture. THe error looks like this - The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -1.).

Any idea what this error is, why this is happening and how to fix it ?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 12:43 AM

Do you have Facebook enabled as an account in the "Web" preference tab in the Aperture preferences? This looks like a typical Facebook-problem to me, when Facebook cannot contact the server.

If yes, and you do not need to sync to Facebook, disable "Automatically check for published albums".

If yes, but you need to sync to Facebook, look in the Console window for additional diagnostics, that are appering at the same time as the error message, and check your network settings.

If none of the above applies, post back with any additional information on what you are doing, when the error message pops up.

Reards

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2012 12:43 AM in response to Kiran AK

Do you have Facebook enabled as an account in the "Web" preference tab in the Aperture preferences? This looks like a typical Facebook-problem to me, when Facebook cannot contact the server.

If yes, and you do not need to sync to Facebook, disable "Automatically check for published albums".

If yes, but you need to sync to Facebook, look in the Console window for additional diagnostics, that are appering at the same time as the error message, and check your network settings.

If none of the above applies, post back with any additional information on what you are doing, when the error message pops up.

Reards

Léonie

Sep 1, 2012 6:10 AM in response to léonie

I have the same error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -1.). It happens every time I sleep my macbook air with aperture running - the error appears right after waking from sleep. It also happens on my iMac. I will try turning off the "Automatically check for published albums" to see if that will help. Thanks, but that sounds like a work-around, not a solution.

I did contact AppleCare as I am in my support period, and they could not solve the problem (yet).

Aperture error - The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -1.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.