Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So when will be able to delete media from my device?

I mean really just hold add an icon in the player hold it for 5 seconds and let me delete unwated crap and have the libray update itself on the computer......

iPod touch, DELETION FROM DEVICE ITSELF

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 6:22 PM

9 replies

Aug 19, 2012 12:00 PM in response to Zippydsmlee

Zippydsmlee wrote:

It is what it is,

Clear as mud.

Zippydsmlee wrote:

The only way I can delete anything is via the PC. Its quite annoying and unintuitive.....

What's wrong with that then? I use my PC to manage my iPod, it makes perfect sense to me and I find iTunes acceptably intuitive.

I do have one tip for you.

If I find a song on my iPod that I don't like, I give it a Rating of 1 star. In iTunes, I created a Smart Playlist to include anything with a rating of 1 star. Periodically, I check the Smart Playlist of 1 star items and make sure that they are all removed from my iPod, by un-ticking them in the library. Because I have Sync only ticked songs and videos set on, anything without a tick is removed from the iPod but left in my Library. Unless I specifically delete it.

Aug 19, 2012 12:27 PM in response to Zippydsmlee

Not as far as I know. (lllaass might chip in here if he knows!) However, you should find in your iTunes Library, a Smart Playlist named My Top Rated which will automatically add songs to it if they are rated as 4 or 5 star. (That Playlist has been deleted by iTunes in some cases. If yours is missing, but you wish to re-create it, ask here for instructions.)

If you are attempting to create a method that plays your favourite songs more often (and I do recall something about this in the distant past...), but along with other songs, how about simply adding your favourites to a Playlist, twice, or more often than the other songs, and then using the Playlist as your option for listening?

Aug 19, 2012 12:54 PM in response to Zippydsmlee

Zippydsmlee wrote:

I was kinda hoping something as intuitive as that might have got in to it by now but I guess its something that's more 3rd party than what Apple has in mind now.

But once you set up a Smart Playlist, you don't have to do anything except rate your songs, which presumably, you are already doing. It may not be intuitive, but I believe you can do what you want.

Zippydsmlee wrote:

(also anyone know why this forum blocks firefoxs spell checker from working? If I do not double check what I type it it might(dose) come out is engrish ><)

You're lucky, try using right-click/copy (a Windows standard) in Google Chrome. It isn't there when on the Apple forum!

So when will be able to delete media from my device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.