Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yamaha CS-80 patch available in Logic???

Just wondering.

Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 3:11 AM

There is a software instrument though; free for 15 days...

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/cs80v-demo-request.html

13 replies

Aug 20, 2012 2:12 PM in response to cauchy

cauchy...

You are a victim of Apple's it just works, hey, "it's an appliance" mentality <grin>

Educate yourself on computers and terminology, a whole new world will open up to you.

Anyway, my point is, don't be so quick to yell help, do a bit of investigation on your own you will learn more that way.

Information is not knowledge

regarding Logic; The reason I almost always encourage using the manual or online help is by the time you find what you want you will have learned a host of other cool things about Logic. 99% of all Logic users don't really need the answer instantly.

Aug 20, 2012 4:40 PM in response to cauchy

cauchy wrote:

Very well put. It's funny. . .because after I made this original post I did in fact find out the answer to my question...and many others through personal investigation. Which is essentially what you are saying....I think.😉

Yep, not trying to discourage from posting, just saying give yourself a chance to figure it out first.

Figuring something out for yourself causes the brain to develop differently than simply being told an answer, you make logical connections that would otherwise be passed over. Interestingly... the more you learn in this manner, the more you see how everything works on similar principles.

Aug 21, 2012 8:18 AM in response to Pancenter

Well put. . .again. Very philosophical in nature.

Part of the problem I am having with Logic is due to the fact that I "upgraded" from Garageband -- which tends to be a lot more intuitive. I figured out how to use Garageband in a couple of days but felt very limited by it. . .hence I switched to Logic.

I'll try to apply what you've stated above to understanding Logic and music-related concepts as well. 😎

Thanks.

Aug 21, 2012 10:59 AM in response to cauchy

Right, technically speaking it's a misnomer to say or even consider Logic a direct upgrade from Garageband, however... a good engineer can produce a 100% professional product on Garageband.

It's never about having more tools but knowing the tools you do have, once you learn how a reverb plugin works it's -generally- going to be the same no matter what computer based recording system you use, and that knowledge can be transferred to hardware units as well.

A kid on the corner beating on an empty plastic 5gal container can be performing with more creativity than the L.A. Logic user with every conceivable piece of high end hardware and thousands of dollars worth of 3rd party plugins.

We listen to old recordings to hear the artistry that shines through, hardly ever noticing the outdated recording quality, at least I do, I'm sure others here do as well.

The latest and greatest is not required! :-)

Yamaha CS-80 patch available in Logic???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.