Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone meltdown

ive been using my iphone 4 for about 2 weeks now and ive noticed the home button has been slightly messed up where i hafta click a couple times togo home, i thought i could just get over it, well last night i woke up and i was laying on my phone, nothing seemed scratched or pushed in or even cracked. but when i went to check the time the screen was completely black so i tried to power it on. nothing happened tried to enter DFU mode nothing appeared. Soi tried for hours to enter DFU mode with the faulty home button, and finally got it going, clicked restpre. i got the latest iphone software extracted the sofgtware etc, then i got error 1601. i tried 2 different computers 2 different USB's and even tho itunes recognized that it was in DFU the screen was black still. im stumped, and idk what it could possibly be, if anyone can assist me please do.

Now even if it is in fact the monitor, im still not getting past that 1601 error with any computer.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 10:32 PM

2 replies

Iphone meltdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.